Help.. dont ha medicine and I have seriously Bad Heartburn

ANd I am Out of milk.. Anyone have any home rememdies to get rid of heartburn that are safe during pregnancy>

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 3:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ginger tea, tums, peppermint candies like the ones they give you @ restaurants. I had BAD heartburn my entire pregnancy, even the rx's from the dr didn't work. GL!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have none of that haha.. I am dying and cant sleep becuz of it! :(
    UAFwife

Comment by UAFwife (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I had heartburn so bad when I was pregnant with my daughter it literally felt like my throat was on fire!!! I would get up and take a rolaids soft chew (vanilla flavored lol) and drink some milk and the milk would help instantly and then the rolaids would kick in a little bit later. Hope it helps, good luck!!!! =)
    GraciesmomGLC

Answer by GraciesmomGLC at 3:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• do you have vinegar??

take a shotglass of vinegar and it goes away almost instantly. this is all i do for heartburn and i get it often!

my FIL told me to do this, he is a homeopathic dr.
    it works!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• gum...when in doubt chew a piece of gum...it really works instantly
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Baking soda is excellent!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• a shot of vinegar would make me puke. Baking soda and water are good. On the box there is instructions on how to do it.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 6:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Eat a slice of raw potato. Mix oone tablespoon apple cidervinegar abd a tablespoon of honey in a cup of warm water. Stir and drink. Peel and eat a raw carrot. A cup of peppermint tea. Chewable Papaya tablets. Swallow a teaspoon or two of uncooked oat flakes after chewing thoroughly of course. Chew gum.

To prevent heartburn in the first place get some Tumeric capsules and take one or two before meals. You can add regular Tumeric spice to foods for which it is an appropriate ingredient.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Sorry about the typos. I just got up not too long ago. Waiting for the caffeine to kick in.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I ate pineapple like crazy when I was pregnant because it helped with my heartburn. I'd keep some in the freezer and that really helped when I got a bad case of it.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010