Please help!

DD was up at 4:30 am cuz i had to take DH to work. The only way I could get her to sleep after is by BF'ing her. But I'm supposed to be stopping that because she's going to be in daycare soon. How did you stop breastfeeding your child? She's 15 months and we need the money, I have to go back to work!

Her schedule right now is all messed up, do you think it'll get easier in a month or two once I am working everyday?

Thanks for the advice

ps: she usually only eats twice a day, today she's eaten three times already and it's still early.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like she's growing or her schedule's all screwed up right now. Recognize that sometimes it is the easiest way to get her back to sleep & don't stress. Much better than fighting w/ her to go down w/out it. You too should get some more shut eye, sounds like its gonna be one of those days for you. Start gettting her ready for you to go to work now, if you know what time you're gonna have to be there start getting her up in enough time for you to get ready. Do breakfast, etc & leave to go run errands or the park or what ever so she gets used to leaving & the routine it takes to leave. If she asks to nurse again distract her w/ other foods, sippy, etc.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 4:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• nothing wrong with breastfeeding in the morning and formula/milk feeding the rest of the day....you'll naturally decrease your supply and she'll naturally wean....it'll all be okay.....just keep doing what you're doing....it does get easier....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i just stopped nursing. i kept it to just at night nursing, and then slowly cut that back and stopped completely 12 days ago.
    i just stopped. now her comfort to go to sleep is to have her hand in my shirt on my boob. if she asked for a boobie i mostly just occupied her with somthing else or id tell her boobies are for babies now and youre a big girl. she looked at me and then got down and played.

i just didnt do it anymore.... she was fine she fussed VERY little...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010