My 7 month olds had a fever past 2 days now. Her ibprophen/tylenol doesn't even reduce the fever?

So Monday and Tuesday all day she's been awake for 10-20 min at a time throughout the day, drinks a few ounces and back to sleep. The medicine doesn't seem to do a thing to her fever. ( I need to get a temp. taker) Well I've put a damp towel on her forhead, a bath... those seem to help a little. Yesterday she threw up a bunch... gave her pedialyte. She's still wetting diapers so I'm not concerned there.

What else can I do to help her? It's 3am and I've been up with her all night so far each hour, her bodies still warm. She wont sleep more than 30 min. if that.

Is there anything I can do for her fever that maybe I haven't tried? * Ibprophen/tylenol * wet cloth * Bath * Pedialyte *

Thank you for your responses. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If her fever is high you can take her in for evaluation.
    If it is a manageable fever, leave it alone. Fever is the body's way of killing off the invaders. Fever reduction or management isn't necessary unless it gets out of hand. Just make her comfortable and hydrated and let the fever do its job. People tend to over medicate themselves and their children. http://www.drgreene.com/qa/fevers
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• How high is the fever? When my DD was 7 months old, she got really sick and had a fever off and on for a week, then it shot up to 103, and I took her to the ER.. cuz I was concerned (that was with ibprofen and tylenol in her system). It turned out it was an ear infection and she needed anitbiotics to clear it up. It would never have gone away on it's own. So, you should probably consider seeking medical help.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 6:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If she has a fever that is over 102 for more then 3 days take her to the doctor to check for ear or throat infections.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree with ryansmom001, sound like an infection of some sort. If the medicine is not reducing her fever, call her pedi!!!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2010