anyone that has been in this situation??

My DH is in the Army and we are trying to get my immigration papers before he leaves to BT, we have an immgration lawyer who is been working on the papers since April but she has never had a case like mine so she does not know exactly what to do, the recruiter told my DH that the Army has some immigration lawyers that work with the soldiers but today my DH went to Base to talk with a jag lawyer and he told him that he can't help us, my question is does anyone know where do he have to go or who we need to talk to about our case??? Txs in advance!!

''Im sorry I dont think a choice the right category''

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• check out this website:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=d9e03e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=d9e03e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

This is the website for US Citizenship services has a section for military dependents.

If your lawyer is unable to finish the paperwork I would start looking for new lawyers in your area, look in the local yellow pages for immigration lawyers and I would recommend sitting down for a consultation with each perspective lawyer and explain your situation and ask them if they are able to help you, if they say no then keep looking. Your current lawyer should have been up front about her lack of experience with your particular issues.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• At which base are you stationed? Try calling military onesource. They don't have lawyers, but they are a wealth of knowledge and resources. They might be able to lead you in the right direction.

http://www.militaryonesource.com/

Good Luck...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• When dh was in military jag handled every thing. I'm not sure where else you can go. Sorry, but Good luck!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010