Ever heard of Freecycle?

Do you use it? If so, what's the group like in your area? Do you like it?

tyheamma

Asked by tyheamma at 7:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have given and received things through Freecycle. I personally do not care if they sell it, because I don't want it anymore and they will come take it away from the clutter that is my house.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i use mine all the time when i have stuff that i know i will never use i put it on there but alot of people will get stuff and turn around and sell it so you have to be carfull on who you give it to
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 7:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I had the same experience. In my area there are people that must not sleep and sit on freecycle and snatch up stuff to sell. I have given away nice stuff and saw it for sale at the flea market. There are rules not to do that but ......... The idea is great, giving away what you don't need rather than throwing it away and keeping out of the landfill. Some people spoil a really good thing!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have joined it but so far I have not tried to use it.
    kissyfur29

Answer by kissyfur29 at 7:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I love Freecycle. I've never gotten anything from it, but it's great for getting rid of things. I just give to the first email I get. If they sell, oh well. I'm giving it away. What the person I give it does with it doesn't concern me.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 7:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yep and my daughter does too..we all love it...my daughter just got a beautiful computer table and a stand.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I use it a lot. If someone sells what I give away, oh well. It isn't supposed to happen but it does. I am just glad to get the stuff out of my house. I have found a few things on there as well. I got snow pants for ds last winter and dh some long john shirts for work. Yesterday I had someone come and pick up a pair of flip flops. She was so excited. She said she couldn't find that size anywhere for her son and was glad to see my offer. That makes it fun.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I joined my local Freecycle group but it seems like the same 5 people who post over and over again asking for more and more stuff.
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 7:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have i t but have not used it yet.
    people all the time will shop thrift stores and garage sales only to turn around and re sell it. Recently a few local churches gathered up clothes and shoes for a few poor areas over sees and when they brought stuff to these villages people took the name brand stuff and sold it..even though they really could have used the shoes and clothes for their own families. so now the local churches leave out brands like Nike and Tommy Hilfiger ....it's sad but people are driven to do whatever it takes to make money
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 8:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I like the local freecycle. As a matter of fact, I have a lady coming this afternoon to pick up a Christmas tree I can't use.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010