To those that use the Book 1 2 3 Magic

Hi,

I keep hearing about this book called 123 magic and I'm interested but can't get it at the moment.

Could someone share with me the methods this book uses and how it works? Maybe tell me a little about the book.

Thanx

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 7:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• sorry never heard of it
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Special order it from your library through the librarian or reference desk. They have system wide resources. I'm sorry I am drawing a blank on how to describe the book. It is a good method, about time outs, ignoring behavior and follow through and it's more about training parents to be parents than disciplining kids. It works for most kids, but some special needs kids don't fit the mold and it may not work with all. It is a good read even if you don't use the system.

Another book that may be easier to find is Try And Make Me. it is similar in it's methods.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• This is a great book, a friend of mine implemented some of these methods while working for me in my home day care, I still use them to this day! A couple things: My child was running inside and she said to the other children" watch this guys I can do magic I'm gonna count to three and like magic Danny is going to be sitting down watch' 1,2,3- he sat down! Even I couldn't believe it!
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 7:12 PM on Sep. 15, 2010