questions for computer geeks...

I pray that this site is free from viruses and the like, but I have a question. What program is good to get rid of trojans and other viruses? Apparently, my computer is so infected that yahoo has suspended my account several times for unusual activity. I currently use avast, and when I did a scan yesterday, three trojans were picked up.

I have several programs backed up to my external hd. If I were to reformat my computer, would I be able to reinstall these programs from my external hard drive? One of them is paid, and I downloaded it to the hard drive to start with.
HELP!!

rhope4

Asked by rhope4 at 7:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Go to AVG.com..... They have a free or paid anti virus... I use the free one... It has many different things to help you... In-fact it pops right up when the page is a threat and tells me not to use that web page....
    my4pinkroses

Answer by my4pinkroses at 8:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I do not know much about this stuff, but my husband does. He said that we use the free version of AVG that you get get online! Go to free.avg.com!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010