Can my 10 mos old eat muffins that are made with eggs?

we have a muffin mix that calls for eggs. I dont understand why she can have pasta and bread but not muffins or pancakes that call for eggs in the batter. I just need a little enlightening on this whole situation.

Asked by mnhagedorn at 8:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's had eggs in pasta and bread, then muffins are no different.

Answer by SWasson at 8:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I gave all 4 of my kids muffins at that age and are just fine.

Answer by togo90210 at 8:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well they say eggs should not be introduced until after 1 yrs of age due to allergic reaction. Just talk to her pediatrician about it :)

Answer by SexyLala at 8:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• look dont listen to every book and son ate egga at 4 months and is fine.....u wull go nuts if you live by the book

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 8:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Research is starting to suggest that all these restrictions about not giving kids things like eggs, peanuts, etc., is producing more allergies, rather than fewer. Frankly, I'm a little pissed at the medical establishment for having made pronouncements like this without having good research to back it up.

Answer by SWasson at 8:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I never really pay attention to the little things like that. baby should be fine

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It is fine. The only things we waited on were peanuts because her grandpa had allergies as a kid, and honey because the word botulism scared me lol

Answer by BambiF at 8:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I really appreciate everyones input. I rarely avoid feeding her things b/c of whats in it. Lily eats everything, my only concern is that my husband is home with her today while i work and he was worried about her having a reaction and not knowing what to do. Even though he is a EMT/ Firefighter he likes to keep things on the safe side;)

Comment by mnhagedorn (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Honestly, when I started introducing new foods to my son. I made sure that he did not try more than 1 new thing in a day, and if he did not have a reaction, then I assumed it was fine. That being said, he has absolutely no food allergies, and we started him on eating little bits from our plates really early.

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes - she can have muffins made with eggs, and eggs too! The AAP recently lifted their recommendation for not eating whole eggs until age 1. Even before that, I always gave my kids scrambled eggs starting at around 8 months.

Answer by missanc at 9:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2010