Can my 10 mos old eat muffins that are made with eggs?

we have a muffin mix that calls for eggs. I dont understand why she can have pasta and bread but not muffins or pancakes that call for eggs in the batter. I just need a little enlightening on this whole situation.
Thanks

mnhagedorn

Asked by mnhagedorn at 8:18 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's had eggs in pasta and bread, then muffins are no different.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I gave all 4 of my kids muffins at that age and are just fine.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 8:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well they say eggs should not be introduced until after 1 yrs of age due to allergic reaction. Just talk to her pediatrician about it :)
    SexyLala

Answer by SexyLala at 8:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• look dont listen to every book and DR....my son ate egga at 4 months and is fine.....u wull go nuts if you live by the book
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 8:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Research is starting to suggest that all these restrictions about not giving kids things like eggs, peanuts, etc., is producing more allergies, rather than fewer. Frankly, I'm a little pissed at the medical establishment for having made pronouncements like this without having good research to back it up.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I never really pay attention to the little things like that. baby should be fine
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It is fine. The only things we waited on were peanuts because her grandpa had allergies as a kid, and honey because the word botulism scared me lol
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I really appreciate everyones input. I rarely avoid feeding her things b/c of whats in it. Lily eats everything, my only concern is that my husband is home with her today while i work and he was worried about her having a reaction and not knowing what to do. Even though he is a EMT/ Firefighter he likes to keep things on the safe side;)
    mnhagedorn

Comment by mnhagedorn (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Honestly, when I started introducing new foods to my son. I made sure that he did not try more than 1 new thing in a day, and if he did not have a reaction, then I assumed it was fine. That being said, he has absolutely no food allergies, and we started him on eating little bits from our plates really early.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes - she can have muffins made with eggs, and eggs too! The AAP recently lifted their recommendation for not eating whole eggs until age 1. Even before that, I always gave my kids scrambled eggs starting at around 8 months.

Answer by missanc at 9:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2010