Baby wants to be held all day! Help?!

MY 3 month old wants to be held all day. If I put her down she screams like she is being injured! ( At least I know her lungs are working)
I can not even use the rr without her crying to be held by me. Any suggestions? Should I continue to pick her when she does this? Am I creating a bigger issue? I have let her cry a bit but after a minute or 2 I have too get her. NEW MOM HERE!!!!

jenh33081

Asked by jenh33081 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thats why I had a battery operated baby swing....they are a life saver.... just keep them within viewing distance.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Have you tried a snugglie? It helped me get the baby calmed down so I could clean.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Try playing with her.. without holding her to let her know that you're still there. If you keep holding her all day.. it won't get any better. GL new mama. Everything will be fine. :-)
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have the swing, the chair, the play mat, the exersaucer! I try them all. I can get her entertained for a bit but def not long!
    jenh33081

Comment by jenh33081 (original poster) at 8:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes yes yes to the swing! It was my life saver. She's not old enough yet for her to understand that you're doing other things. She's learning what brings mommy to her & crying harder is working for her. Keep holding her, listen to the screaming when you HAVE to set her down, a moby wrap is also a life saver, & realize that in a few years she'll be a teenager & won't want anything to do w/ you! Enjoy the time you have now.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have the Snuglie too;) I'm trying it all Mama's.. I love holding her and I know she will be walking before I know it. I just dont want to create a lil monster LOL
    jenh33081

Comment by jenh33081 (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I carried my son for the first 6 months almost continuously..and when he wasn't on me he was on my boyfriend, my dad, my brother, my sisters, my MIL, my FIL etc etc...My son was held continuously. I think its important to. You aren't creating a problem by not doing it. A child needs to be close to someone to know they are safe. She has spent 9 months inside of you close to you so it takes time to adjust to the outside world.

Try a sling..they are fantastic :)
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• get a snuggie carrier or a sling. my first baby was like that until she was a yr old...and didn't like being in a swing or anything but my arms or the snuggie carrier
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 8:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• She likes to be held by anyone but def me! She will even scream for me to hold her when my husband holds her. Oh:) Thanks for the support ladies!
    jenh33081

Comment by jenh33081 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Moby Wrap. And babies that age want to be held and comforted and want momma all day. LOL Par for the course. So, buy a wrap and wear your baby all day...before too long, she will be crying to get down and run and not want momma to hold her. Then, you'll wish for these days back.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2010