How do I get my son to eat more of a variety of food?

I try to introduce new food to my 2 and a half year old all the time. He eats fruits, cereals, spaghetti o's and sometimes chicken nuggets. Maybe a few other things but not much. I have no clue how to get him to eat other things. He just down right refuses to try new things. Any tips??

skycamsmom

Asked by skycamsmom at 8:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 6 year old that is the same way. I just keep on trying and the things that I can get him to eat I sneak veggies in them. I finally got him to eat hamburgers about a year ago and on hamburger night I'll put spinach in a food processor and puree it and put it in the hamburger. You can't taste it but he's still getting the nutrients. Just be patient and keep on intorducing him to the foods and sooner or later he'll try them.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Just keep offering it. Maybe cut things in cute shapes if possible. Maybe add it to his other food or like Jessica Seinfeld, hide it in food as a puree.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• hello,i dont have a kid yet but my friend used to mix small juice of ginger in her son food just any and he eat alot just try
    Lightness

Answer by Lightness at 9:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• He will eat what you serve him if he is hungry. If my 20 month old (or my older kids) doesn't (don't) eat what's being served, they wait until the next snack/meal. I don't believe in cooking separate meals for everyone in the house - I cook one and they either eat, or they don't. It's only 2-3 hours between meals/snacks, they aren't going to starve!

Answer by missanc at 9:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would be persistent if he doesn't eat it for breakfast introduce it again at lunch. Don't ask them to please it or anything like that, I have noticed with my the daughter the more I ask her to eat the less she will, so I just let her do her own thing. I try not to look at her either lmao I know it's weird but if she catches me looking at her she won't eat the new food. But I just stare out the corner of my eye and I see her eat it. Or something else I do it like take a pretend bite of the food and say "yummy it's good" lol, then give her the fork and offer it to her.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2010