dont know what else to do

Gd morning ladies, i'm having so much problem on teaching my 2.5 yr old daughter to use the potty. So far i have been putting on panties on her (which she love) and i have been putting her on the potty every 30 min, which been work, but i dont think that she understand the whole potty thing, she will go if we tell her its potty time, but she is still going on herself both number 1&2 . and at night she has the pull up on for night, but by the time she wakes up the pull ups are full, and i need teach her within one month are less b/c she starts school in september. What i'm i doing wrong? how can i teach her to tell us when she has to go? and at night should i wake her up to go to the potty or should i just keep the pull ups on her at night?

trinibaby

Asked by trinibaby at 8:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like you are doing great
    mine older, does keep dry all through night but does not go 1 or 2 on potty
    she has some delays, so i am patient
    but mine keeping dry through night shows me that her body is more than ready, but her mind can not get it
    yours sounds like she is ready in mind, but not all her body ready
    are you sure she is gdoing 1 in the night, or is it forst thing in am
    hopefully she is holding all through night and pees as soon as she wakes-that would be great
    i would not wake she in night, but maybe get to her right before she is waking to put her on potty as soon as she wakes
    that is if she is not likemine and wakes up like a monster-lol

good job to mom and child!
    sounds like she is almost there!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Get one of those potty training DVDs or movies. If she see others doing this, she may make the connection.
    teddybeargirl

Answer by teddybeargirl at 8:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My kids weren't potty trained at that age...actually my daughter was, but she did it all on her own. I never took her and she just started asking or going by herself. She potty trained herself round about 2.5. My oldest son was close to 4, my middle son was 3 and my youngest was over three.

It may simply be too soon.
    semazani

Answer by semazani at 9:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well my daughter is 20 months and she isn't potty trained either lol. We are just starting, I started out taking her in with me and having her sit in her potty even if she doesn't go. Sometimes she does but it has only been number 1. Since I am no expert in this topic I would say maybe ask her if she needs to go potty vs telling her it's time to go potty. I would also cut back the fluid intake right before bed that way she won't have a full pull up in the morning.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Kids this age do not have the capability to hold it during the night. So keep the pull ups on at night. I don't believe in fluid restriction because if you are thirsty you are already becoming dehydrated. Put her on the potty before bed and first thing in the morning. and don't expect her to be fully trained at night in a month. It's not like she's going to be in school at night. I'll send you a PM on a popular technique used for special needs kids. Not trying to offend ok. Special needs kids are probably more difficult to train so the technique should wrok even better with your child.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010