what is the best way

Gdmorning ladies,over the weekend i got word that my daughter was accepted into school, she will be 3yrs old by the time school starts.My question is how to i prepare her for that? She does not take naps has much as before,what can i do about that is that something i should worry about when she is in school?another thing i'm a little worried about is that she is a pickie eater,what can i do on that behalf?and least but not last,my daughter is very activate and loud, and loves to play and just do everything in the book, lol, she will sit if there is sosmething that she feel is good or having fun with or even watch dora or something like that but i would have to repeat several times to her no,put it down, stop etc...how can teach her to listen when spoking to while at school?She is a good child but i think we all go throu the repeat stage with the little ones. how can i settle her down

trinibaby

Asked by trinibaby at 9:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• School is going to help you with almost all of those things.

Talk to them now about your concerns about what she will eat. Do they provide the food or do you? Can you bring snacks that you know she will like? (Parents can NOT do that in my daycare).

Call the director and talk about these things and they will tell you what they can and can not do and any tips for NOW.

Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would think that once she sees all the kids doing things as a group, your daughter will just follow along. Ask for a certain teacher with experience. Dont forget to take a picture!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 9:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Often children will become good listeners in school when it is a new adult figure who is in charge. Don't put any pressure on her to be a good listener. The teachers will take care of that and will conference with you if need be. This is pre school, correct? This is the time when children get the socialization skills for being in groups. It really doesn't take a lot of preparation on your part. This is supposed to be fun. Talk to the teacher about the eating issue and naps. They might tell you to send in snacks with her. They are there to help you and will put you at ease. Perhaps you could call the school and ask if you can discuss all this with someone now. Relax and enjoy this new experience! I'm guessing she will do fine. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010