What are some home remedies for a strained back?

I strained my back and it is very, very painful. I am on meds but they don't seem to help. I have a really hard time walking, especially in the morning. I am out from work with doctors orders. I need to get well, cause my house looks like a disaster!!
HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• I would stretch your back throughout the day and use a heating pad beforehand if you need to. Also watch the position you sleep in; try to keep your back neutral. I am a Physical Therapist and see several people a day with back problems. It's hard to tell you exact advice without seeing you in person. You should be able to ask your MD to send you to a Physical Therapist; they should be able to get you going again.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer. Vitamin C with bioflavenoids speeds healing and reduces inflammation.

Don't worry about the house. Stress will make it worse and you need to relax.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008