What is a good sunshade for car windows?

I need to get sunshades for my car windows but I have never used them and I want to get some that are easy to use, cover the window and most importantly work! Anyone know of a good sunshade? Thanks

momof2girlz33

Asked by momof2girlz33 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Travel

• Do you mean for all the time or just for when the car is parked?

If for all the time, I would suggest getting some automotive window tint, as it won't fall down once it is put up & you can get it in different shades (lightest to darkest). If you choose to use the tint, make sure you carefully read the directions before you put it on or you may end up with air bubbles trapped under it.

If for just when the car is parked, I have a silver coated black nylon pop-up shade for the windshield that works very well at keeping the car much cooler while it is parked. Because it is made of lightweight nylon & memory wire, it folds down small enough to fit under the seat when it's not in use. I got it at Target.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We just got back from a long road trip and I was constantly hanging stuff in the windows to block out the sun for my daughters. Our back windows are tinted but I need something more because it doesn't totally block out the sun.
    momof2girlz33

Comment by momof2girlz33 (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We have cling on ones. We got them at Target in the baby section, Eddie Bauer brand.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree with cling ons. They are better than those shades you pull down. Plus, they won't fall on the baby!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i agree with the cling ons.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:15 AM on Aug. 29, 2010