Has anyone experienced or dealt with melanoma cancer recurrence?

I had melanoma 4 yr. ago and am always on the lookout for recurrence, but it is a very tricky disease. Has anyone else dealt with post melanoma self care or has any suggestions on spotting caner recurrence symptoms?

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Health

• Check out this group on here. It's active but not that active, but hopefully you can get some answers.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/746

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thanks, I will check it out! I appreciate your interest in helping me find some answers.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm Sorry I don't know. But what ever you read. Protecting yourself.. Etc.. I have cancer and I got onto a bunch of groups online and listen to others and I've read alot.. I wish you the best. Truly I wish you the best!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well, I know that I have to be really diligent about any moles that appear and have them removed, but I've heard that when you have melanoma on the face or head that it often recurs in the brain. Thankfully, I am still cancer free and don't want to obsess over it, but don't want to ignore any signs or symptoms either. Thanks for the good wishes. I am very blessed not to have had to go through chemo or radiation.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jul. 21, 2010