What is your best memory of the summer?

Mine was of having all my kids at home in the same house and having a cookout together. Just relaxing and enjoying each others company.

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Growing up it was swimming & fishing. I was all alone and the lake was my friend!! When my DD's were home for the summer.. I loved having them home! One year a few back. DH & I would take a daily drive for a ice cream cone! That was so Great! Now I have cancer and nothing is going well. But I have those Memories to help me..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• As a younger child... Probably my playing with my brothers, playing "vietnam" with them and the other neighborhood kids, fireworks on the 4th, BBQ chicken legs, swimming at the pool and lake...as I got older most of my memories consist of my husband and I (teenagers and not married or even dating) and our friends spending the entire summers at his parent's lake house.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Visiting my grandparents. I would walk to their house (2 miles) almost every day in the Summer and help them in the garden. Some of my best memories!!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I liked gardening too. My great-grandfather planted my a special "little" garden of my own one year and that was fun. I stayed with grandparents while my parents were working when I was younger and those are some memories that I cherish.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• sleeping in
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• From my childhood, sitting on my grandmother's porch and chasing lightning bugs in her front yard! Then meeting my dh and spending the whole summer with him, just hanging out and falling in love. With my children, watching fireworks and eating peach ice cream on the 4th at a local festival! :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Mine was my last child moved away and SO has been so turned on he's wanted sex every day!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Glad that you have some good memories to look back on while you are going through this. Hoping they will stay with you through all the tough times and help take your mind off the things you are facing now.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Mine has to be Cub Scout Camp with my son and his pack, and it gets better every year cant wait for next year...
    tammil81

Answer by tammil81 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2010