Where do you store your medicine?

Now that my 6 year old can get into the cabinets (even the high ones) I need to find a safer place to store our medicine. It would be nice to put our medicine in a container that locks so that when we travel I can just grab it and take it with us. How do you store your medicine and do you have any suggestions? Thanks

momof2girlz33

Asked by momof2girlz33 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I guess I come from a time where when we were little we knew better than to touch anything like that. Although we don't take anything stronger than an aspirin. Our boys know not to get into any of it. I keep it in the kitchen cabinet by the sink. I also have some in my bathroom cabinet.... I used to lock things up when we had climbing toddlers but they never tried then to get into anything, so not a big deal in our house....
    I don't really know what to put it in, or where.. If I have a headache and have to go get it out of a locked container, somewhere the kids can't get to it, I would go insane,lol... I need it right then and there, and with a headache I don't want to have to go crazy to get it...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We store ours in the bathroom cabinet and close the door my daughter is not able to open the door. Since she can reach the cabinets that are high I think the lock box might be the safest way or buy those kitchen cabinet locks.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My mother-in-law keeps all of her meds in an old lunch box in a cabinet above the fridge in the kitchen. I think she still does this because her youngest has Smith-Maganis (like down syndrome) and is still worried she will get into the them. But I think its a great idea to put the meds in a lunchbox that locks.

Right now, we put our meds in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom but we have very few meds in the house.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i store my medicines on my computer desk. i don't have to worry about my son messing with my medicines cause he knows i need them plus i have been on all of my medicines since he was born and now he takes medicine for ADHD which he keeps near his bed so he can take it as soon as he gets up in the morning times.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Ours is all on top of the microwave in the kitchen where it's easy for me to get to (we don't have a bathroom on the main floor).  My kids know better than to touch any of it.  They are 10, 8, 7 and 4.  My personal medications are either on my desk shelf or in a drawer in my dresser.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We store ours on the top of the pantry.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• *on the top shelf of the pantry. oops
    BridgetC140

• It sits on the kitchen counter in plain view. We've taught our children not to touch it, that it can be poisonous and kill them.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• All our meds are in a basket in a cabinet above the oven.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010