My five yr. old has a tooth coming in behind his other tooth, but the tooth is not loose enough to pull yet. Should I take him to the dentist or wait a little longer for it to loosen up?

He pulled one two weeks ago with no problem and this tooth just doesn't seem like it is ready to come out.

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 9:31 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Take him to the dentist. You don't want the baby tooth to mess up the alignment of the adult tooth, and only the dentist can tell you if that's an issue.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• That was what I was afraid of...it looks like the adult tooth is coming in pretty far back. Thanks.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• taken him too the dentist.. but that used to happen to me when i was a kid also. If he isnt in pain i wouldnt worry too much plus if the alignment is messed up you cant do anything about it anyways until he is a teenager....
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• none of my other children had this problem...all of their teeth came out really early.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Hunter's first tooth was growing behind his baby tooth. We had to pull it so it would grow in right. It looks better now. (Soon to be losing our second) :)
    Myst1cQueen

Answer by Myst1cQueen at 12:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• That is probably what we will have to do for Caleb.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jul. 21, 2010