Are you a SAHM? If so what do you do all day? Do you work from home? What do you do?

gfam6

Asked by gfam6 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I take care of my babies. I'm also a homeschooling mom, so we are always doing something.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I take care of my 2 kids, do all the laundry, cooking and cleaning. I help out in their schools during the school year and Im taking online classes to recieve a 2 year degree in business management. In the summer we go to the pool, park, on walks. read books etc...
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 9:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• When I was a SAHM I would play with the kids, play online, babysit, worked with Melaleuca, went to the park, went grocery shopping, etc.

Now I work out of the home at a healthcare company and I love it! Plus I still get the time to play with the kids and such also! :)

I LOVE being a provider.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I do pretty much everything! I get up early to go workout and then I come home to make breakfast, get the kids dressed, get myself ready, clean up the kitchen from breakfast, start a load of laundry, get lunch and supper ideas and food prep ready. Then we usually have a playdate, dr. appt, grocery shopping, ect. We have are part of the library summer readying program so we read a lot. We then have lunch and quite/nap time and then we go outside to play. Another load of laundry plus picking up toys and then we make dinner and eat. Then we go to evening swim lessons and baths when we get home. Then some more reading time and bed. It's much busier than this during the school year though because we have soccer, dance, gymnastics and school as well!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I had a huge vegetable garden and fruit trees and after harvesting the fruits and vegetables I canned and froze them. I prepared meals from scratch. I cleaned house and raised the boys, took them to the library, read to them and played. Taught them letters and counting.

Answer by Bmat at 9:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i take care of my daughter isn't that what the title SAHM usually means?? we take care of our children/home front?
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 9:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Housework, get online, play with my kids
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i do all the cleaning, cooking and laundry plus during the school year i help my 14 yr old son with homework and during the summer time i try my best to keep him entertain since we have only 1 vehicle and DH takes that to go to work and stuff.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We do yard work, swim in the pool, clean house, laundry,housework,help walk our dogs, it's all a team effort. On days when it's raining, we watch movies, they play in their bedrooms, color, draw, help make lunches, dinner, etc. When they are back in school I will be taking some online classes, and having some ME time. Hubby is gone 4-6 weeks at a time working, so when he's home it's for a couple weeks, so we take our boys rock crawling in our jeep, out on our jet ski's, or just hang out at home and get jobs done... We stay busy but also have plenty of down time.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i do everything. housework, laundry, cooking, groceries, bill paying, entertain the ds, errands, you name it!
    i'd much rather work in a salon and share the house duties with dh..since i quit working in june, he hasn't laid his hand to ANYTHING! we used to share it all. now i feel like a maid and babysitter! he even had the gall to put 3 pairs of pants right in front of me that needed 'mending'..so? i've never 'mended' pants or anything..just because i'm home now, i suddenly know how to sew something? ROFLMBO!! (good luck with those pants, honey!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010