Are there any Mom's out there going back to school with elemantary scholl aged children?

Starting college in the fall. Not sure how much time will actually have to study.

TxBlackRose

Asked by TxBlackRose at 9:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am taking online classes through our community college. Im only going part time taking a total of 8 credit hours. Its not easy but im getting it done. Just make sure to spread out your studying and homework rather than trying to get it all done in one day because it wont happen. LOL. For me, i know it will be a bit easier when school does start becuase i will have more time during the day when both of my kids are in school ( i have an almost 7 yr old and a 5 yr old) to get some of the studying done. right now i have to do it all when they are asleep or I cant concentrate.

Good luck to you and I think its awesome for you to continue your education!
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 9:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I will be taking online classes, that way I won't have to be stuck in a classroom during the day. I want to be available to go if school calls. I plan to take the evenings to study etc, after they are in bed. I love to read at night so I thought it would be the perfect time for it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm taking online classes now. like Mamaspurg said, spread out the work and don't try to cram. I make a list every Sunday of what needs to get done the next week and which day I want to do it... It's been working for me..
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have been in school for...lets see. This is year #5. I am now a Senior, going full time...in class. I also work full time. My girls are now going into 1st and 2nd. I have plenty of time. Time to read for pleasure and play on the computer and my house is spotless while they are in school. Summer time is horrible for me.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2010