Would you use these steaks?

I bought them and froze them within a day of purchase... IN A FREEZER BAG... but they turned brown to where they're almost black. Are they bad? My hubby wrinkles his nose looking at them but if they're not bad & it's just the freezer maybe I can cook them and he'll eat them & "he'll never know"... :D

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• If they're almost black then no. The freezer bags may be bad. Contact the company and tell them your food went bad in the bags and explain the situation to them. They should send you a coupon for some free bags because those may have had holes or something that were too small to see with the human eye.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• ew.. id toss them out..
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 9:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'd thaw them and give them a good sniff test before deciding to use them, then if they didn't smell like freezer burn, I'd cut them up and use them for a stew, or marinate them (for a longer time than usual) and make kebabs.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• When in doubt, throw it out. It would be a shame to go to the bother of cooking them and have them taste terrible, or worse.

Answer by Bmat at 9:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• "When in doubt, throw it out."
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would toss it. It probably will taste like freezer burn.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I'm leaning toward tossing them... :( Shame. We're trying so hard to save money & to buy meat & then have to throw it out... that really sucks. Thanks everyone.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2010