I am super nerrvous about becoming a mom does anyone else feel afriad of being a bad parent?

Jessbehappy

Asked by Jessbehappy at 9:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Baby Names

• I sure did with my first, but felt much more comfortable by the time the second one came around. But yes, I still have this concern all the time!!!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think everyone does before they have kids. You need to give yourself a break. Some things you will do right, some things you will do wrong, most of them will have little or no effect on the adult you kid turns out to be. Feed your kid, comfort your kid, love your kid, and when you think you did something wrong, figure out what you will do differently the next time that thing happens.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think everyone goes through that. It's definitely a common thing to feel that way. When I had my first, right after he was born I remember thinking, "OMG, what have I done? I can't take care of a baby!" But you know what, things really do just "click" like people say. It's hard to explain, but once your baby is here you'll be like "aahhh, ok" Don't worry. You'll do fine. :)
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• you are a great mom already!
    being a mom = worrying all the time
    if you were not worried about being a good mom=then i would worry that you may not be
    congratulations-you are already worried!!
    welcome to motherhoodbaby in sling

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No I really didn't think i would be a bad parent at all. I was concerned about how I would be able to juggle everything that needed to be done daily especially when a baby needs a parent to be there 24 hours a day. It's a rather big adjustment altogether.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think most new mommies probably worry about being a bad mom. At least I know I did. But just the fact that you are so aware of wanting to be a good mom means I bet you'll do great! Congratulations!! :)
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 11:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I was nervous before had my son. You prepare for everything, but what you don't know is how much you'll absolutely LOVE your child. It's hard to imagine before you actually experience something so profound. You love them to the point where being a good parent comes naturally...for moat women at least. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do just fine. I worried as well, and it was all for nothing. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I wasn't nervous about becoming a mom but I was and still am concerned about being a good mom and I have 4. I worry constantly about their mental and physical well being. It is a big responsibility to have another person be solely dependent on you but it's also extremely rewarding. I have 4 babies who love me unconditionally and I couldn't ask for more than that.

Worry comes with the territory and I completely agree with fiatpax, if you weren't worried about it, that would be of more concern.
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010