When your child has a fever, which do you prefer?

Childrens Advil or tylenol? and why?

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 9:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I use Motrin...seems to work the fastest and they like the taste better...If the fever is high and the Motrin doesnt get it all the way in check follow with tylenol in 2hrs then alernate until the fever is down.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Motrin for us is the 1st one I grab, it works the fastest, then I follow with tylenol and alternate.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I use Tylenol during the day & Baby Motrin at night. Motrin lasts longer and he is able to sleep. I find if he just takes Tylenol during the day & at night, is makes him a little restless. The Motrin is much better for resting. They both lower the fever but Motrin lasts longer.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Advil/Motrin
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• motrin and tylenol i switch it up
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 10:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We tend to go with Motrin first and then alternate with Tylenol as needed.
    EmmyCora

Answer by EmmyCora at 10:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I tend to do Tylenol just because I feel it works better for me. I suppose Motrin would make more sense, I think it's quite a bit cheaper since he needs to take 2 tylenol, 3 once he gains another pound, and only one motrin.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Advil/Motrin. It is an anti-inflamatory and I think that helps with pain more, such as teething, ear pain or body aches. My kids respond very well to it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Motrin is what we used to use, but it's almost impossible to find any fever reducers for kids anymore. They're trying to cut back the use of them with babies. Now I wipe my baby down regularly when he's feverish, keep him hydrated and bundled to let him sweat it out. Usually goes away pretty quickly.
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I just went to the store today to go get some tylenol for my son (hes almost 7) and they no longer carry the childrens tylenol. The only thing they had was childrens advil. Hopefully we wont need it and his fever is gone for good but had to get some just in case!
    MamaSpurg

Comment by MamaSpurg (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010