Extremely sensitive 9 y/o girl

Ok, my 9 y/o daughter is about to drive me crazy! Every time we talk to her, or correct her or even look at her the wrong way, she cries. I don't mean eyes fill up and then I am fine cries, I mean full on, alligator tears crying. I realize that this may be the start of her monthly cycle, but she is just taking this to the extreme. Anyone had to deal with this? Seriously, if this is what her cycle is going to be like, I may have to take up drinking, lol.

ZachnKenzisMom

Asked by ZachnKenzisMom at 10:04 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Ah, puberty in girls. Take a deep breath and tell her to do the same. Remember that she cannot completely control her emotions at this time.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:08 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Oh my goodness it sounds like you are talking about my daughter. She just turned 9 also and Oh my goodness we call her Miss Drama Queen. She can go from happy, to mad, and upset, to crying all in the drop of a hat. And oh no, you better not get onto her for anything then it is full fledged water works. I know how you feel. I have her , a 7 year old boy with ADHD, and a 4 yr old boy with all the above. Crash course for the only child for me. Isn't it fun??!! LOL... Good luck it will be ok...Deep breath and keep going..
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No offense but this makes me glad I have a boy. lol
    Honestly, all you can do is try to say things as gently as possible and help her learn to control her emotions. It is a rough time. I remember being there...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thanks for the comments, It's nice to know that I am not alone in this. I dont remember being like this, but I am now as I approach menopause. I just feel sorry for hubby, lol. Thank goodness there are only two of us.
    ZachnKenzisMom

Comment by ZachnKenzisMom (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• laughingSounds like your husband is the one that need to take up drinking.  Good luck in your house!!

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2010

• LOL Twins, lol. Well hubby has DS to help balance it out oo, lol.
    ZachnKenzisMom

Comment by ZachnKenzisMom (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2010