My one-year old is not eating anymore, what do I do!?

Today is Wednesday. Last Thursday he got his one year shots. Friday he showed no signs of fever or any sickness from the shots. Saturday he got a fever, slept all day, wouldn't play, and wouldn't eat. I figured this was from the shots, it just took a day to effect him. Sunday was the same thing except no fever anymore. Monday and Tuesday he ate a few bites of meals, and wednesday again only a few bites. This is very strange to me seeing as how it has affected his bowel, he only has diarrhea now for about 3-4 days. Some normal poop here and there. He used to eat ALL of his food. He used to LOVE eating. He used to always eat in his high chair, but now wont at all, so i let him sit on my lap to attempt to eat. He'd used to eat all of whatever I gave him, he started to be a little picky but not as much as now, he refuses everything. I know its okay for kids not to eat a couple days but its going on 5 days now w/out full meal.

kristen_renee3

Asked by kristen_renee3 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bless his heart, appetite is all messed up, is he congested?? Any other illness you can see? As long as he's drinking, he'll eat what he needs and soon his appetite will pick up, but on the safe side, Call the pedi and see what they think and tell the nurse everything that has happended since the day he got his shots, may be coincedence with a tummy buy??
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would call the pedi and make sure they don't want to see him. Just give him pedialyte and feed him whatever he WILL eat. As long as he is getting something he will be okay. Treat it like a cold... lots of fluids. :)

But the doctor needs to know about the diarrhea.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:14 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• was one of the shot the MMR??
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My kids would go through things similar but if you're concerned call the pediatrician. The diarrhea would honestly be of greater concern to me than the lack of appetite. You can give him pedialyte or gatorade to help keep him hydrated and give him easy things to digest like applesauce, rice, crackers etc. Hopefully he'll feel better soon. I know a sick baby can be hard to take, you feel so helpless when you can't make it go away.
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2010