the don't ask don't tell policey

I read or heard some where that the military is about to thow out the don't ask don't tell policey!!! do you think this is a good thing or a bad??? and Y???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Will somethings I don't think they need to tell for our own safety. It don't hurt my feelings any if they don't tell it might be for our best interst. if you know what i mean.
    coolmom2805

Answer by coolmom2805 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I believe it is a good think i mean everyone needs equial rights.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I highly doubt it. The military in general is a very bigoted-homosexual fearing-macho institute.
    Anonymous

• My husband is in the military (currently deployed) and from his experience, the homosexuals who are "out" and in the military flaunt it with pride, and he is all for it (but there are very VERY few, because of the reason that follows). The don't ask, don't tell policy is the PC answer for the old-timey uncomfortables who may feel less comradeship with openly gay soldiers for whatever reason. Though the reason behind this result may be outdated, in times of war, making sure one trusts the soldiers around them is EXTREMELY important. It's a very tricky issue.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• They aren't getting rid of it. And it's policy and throw. And "Well some things I don't think they need to tell for our own safety. It DOESN'T.. and interest." Dear goodness people, read what you write before you post it.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• ""And it's policy and throw. And "Well some things I don't think they need to tell for our own safety. It DOESN'T.. and interest." Dear goodness people, read what you write before you post it.""

That was an incredibly deprecating, and entirely uncalled for, thing to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I believe that what goes on at home needs to stay at home. Sexual preference is not an issue as long as it is kept as a non-issue.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2008