when did you baby start crawling?

my son is almost 7 months old and he just recently started sitting up well...not perfect but pretty good. i am just wondering how much longer he will be crawling bc if he sees something he wants he tumbles over and tries to get to it, which he cant and gets really mad!

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine started at different ages, but usually between 5 and 8 months. If he is starting to want to go after things, then I bet he will start crawling soon!
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My DD started crawling around 7 months ... enjoy your last fews weeks of sitting still for more then 1 minute haha
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My son didn't start actually crawling until he was already walking...he just had no patience for crawling...lol but he did walk at 11 months really well.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i have a lot in store! lol he is going to be into EVERYTHING! when he's in his walker he goes straight to the coffee table and pulls everything off! but i can't wait til he starts crawling! thank you
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• my son started crawling at eight months, i wouldnt let this bother you though, id enjoy it once hes crawling, you will never be sitting. lol. good luck. the average baby starts crawling anywhere from 6 to 9 months though, so dont get discouraged.
    danihandlon

Answer by danihandlon at 10:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I wouldnt worry about it. He is trying and you arent saying that his development is abnormal. You dont want him to grow up too fast. Enjoy the stage he is in and stop looking ahead. I spent all of my daughters babyhood saying "what to expect says she will do this next month!" and now I wish I hadnt. Now she is 2 and I just want to shrink her back down.

Dont blink. He will crawl in no time.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My daughter didn't crawl until like 10.5 months. Before that, she scooted and rolled everywhere...it was funny to watch.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would get rid of the walker. The fact that he can get to things so quickly is a hazard. Walkers are banned in canada and in many places because they are dangerous and can interfere with development ( I honestly can't believe they still sell them knowing the hazards). Put the baby on the floor and let him explore--unrestricted movement is what builds muscles and abilities. Walkers restrict movement and put too much pressure in places that aren't good for the hips, and encourage toe-walking which is not what you want.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• One of the reasons he may be tumbling over is that he may be used to not balancing himself because the walker does it for him. As I said, walker do not allow body freedom and give babies the ability to do things they aren't ready for and at the same time hinder them from practicing. KWIM?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My son started crawling right before he was 9 months. He got a bit of a late start, but it was like the second he realized he could do it, he was off, lol! He must be making up for lost time or something, because now, at almost 10 months, he is ALL OVER the place, lol. He also went from just starting to crawl to pulling himself up in a few days. I wouldn't worry about it, all babies start at different times.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:12 AM on Jul. 21, 2010