Have you tried being a Surrendered Wife and did it work?

Maybe you tried following the book or maybe you just tried on your own, but did it actually help your marriage? I am looking to figure out how to create harmony in my marriage.

FemRising

Asked by FemRising at 10:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• What is a surrendered wife?
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Can you explain what that is?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Didn't know there was a book, I just try to follow the Word and be submissive to my husband and let him be the head of the house. That has worked the best for us, and make sure and talk, everyday about the little stuff, so when it's time to talk about the big stuff, it's easier. And keeping my attitude and tone of voice in check is my biggest struggle. But I am trying!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Marriage does take some give and take to get to a good balance. I try to work with my husband on the things that he things are important. We don't always agree, but I do try to avoid things that I know will irritate or offend him. It is part of how to get along with someone you love and respect,, but that doesn't mean that I give in on every issue that is important with me. You need to talk things out and let them know how you feel or you will be in danger of feeling resentful if you just submit without sharing your thoughts. Most of the time, we can agree on what works for us and do create harmony.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I just looked it up on Wikipedia...and without reading the book I cannot answer adequately but it seem that being "submissive" is really just a backlash against the whole feminist movement. I don't believe there should be one head of household and husband and wife should share in decisions equally.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• A Surrendered Wife is a wife who is following the book The Surrendered Wife by Laura Doyle. Mrs. Doyle makes the case that wives need to stop trying to control their husbands, and trust their husbands to make the right decisions and to take care of them and their family. She asserts that wives are happier and husbands are more loving and happier if wives stop trying to do everything in the relationship and let the husband be the head of the household and be masculine.
    FemRising

Comment by FemRising (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I haven't read the book, didn't even know there was one until now. Just been trying to get that way on my own, so far no luck, as I have no clue how to keep my mouth SHUT!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 10:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm not a wife anymore but when I met SO it just felt right to do this. Normally, I was the dominant one in the relationship but I knew that if I wanted something with SO I had to make a decision. I decided to go sub/surrender and have been amazed how much better we get along. I grew up screaming women's rights but I've not given up any rights by changing to this role. As a matter of fact, he respects me and my rights more. I can't speak for others but I like it. It works for me; however, with that said I repeat I'm not married to the man so choose what's right for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I didn't know there was a book either other than the Bible that spoke on it. I am submissive but that doesn't mean I don't think for myself. I work WITH my husband to help keep my household peaceful and to make sure that he and I are both showing each other due respect. It would be silly of me to expect to be viewed as head of household. My husband is the sole provider, I am a SAHM but each of our roles is vital to keeping the family running. So being supportive and not "bucking the system" so to speak can never be a wrong way to go.
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes I am a submissive wife, and yes it does work for us.Why?

I married a Man not a boy, so submitting to him was easy, I refuse to submit to a man who does not have his stuff together and knows how to step up and provide for his family.

A lot of people think that being submissive means you are some kind of doormat..SO untrue.I am not a doormat, my husband does not walk on me, he does not treat me like I am beneath him, which I am not btw, We are a team one cannot function without the other.
    mommas3cubs

Answer by mommas3cubs at 11:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010