Does it mean babys not coming for awhile?

I'm 38 weeks, my Dr told me yesterday baby is very low, but my cervix is high and posterior, and she couldnt even reach it, does this mean I have weeks left until she comes? I really had a feeling it was gunna happen soon, is been having all the pre labor symptoms, but now I don't know what to expect, i dont wanna pack my hospital bag now cuz by the sounds of it I have awhile til the big day....its my 2nd pregnancy, what do you think?

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• We already answered. It means absolutely nothing. Baby may come tonight or in 4 weeks. No way to know at all. You may have no symptoms of imminent labor and yet give birth in a couple hours. Or, you can be dilated and effaced and everything and stay like that for months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I asked yesterday, but it wasn't clear what I was asking, so I just reposted to try & explain it and ask better. Just getting frustrated
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I understood yesterday. LOL I still have the same answer. This is why they should give a "due month" and stop doing those damn vaginal exams that only get up hopes for no damn reason. Sorry. There is really no way to tell. Only when baby decides will he be born. Whether today or in a month.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:34 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It doesn't mean anything really, I mean your water can break tonight and you will have to have your baby within 24 hours lol. Good luck! I never went into labor on my own, I was induced so I really can't tell you the labor symptoms!

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I means nothing. You can go into labor at any moment or you could go into labor 4 weeks from now. That's why I avoid vaginal exams... they tell you NOTHING so it's not worth the risk of getting an infection or accidentally breaking your water.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 12:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It *could* happen at any time, but you are only 38 weeks, and it is still within normal to go up through the 42nd week. Personally, I always thought that I was going to go to 42 weeks. That way, when they arrived earlier, it was like a surprise. I feel that doing that helps tremendously, because it is very hard to play the waiting/guessing game. Ignoring it and letting it surprise you is just so much easier emotionally.
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010