Do you have a birthday party for your kids every year?

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 10:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• We celebrate as a family every year - but no, we don't have a party every year.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes I have some of their close friends over once I invited everyone in my sons class and only 1 showed he and was his cousin so I wont do that again.
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No, just for special years - If you have one every year - how can you top the last one and make this year special? I was born on Feb. 29 so I had a party every 4 years with friends growing up. That made it special. Family parties are the best on the off years. If your child is born in the winter - you could have a 1/2 year birthday party in the summer at a park.
    nana1176

Answer by nana1176 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We have one for her every year since she was 2. We didn't have a first, she was only a baby and wouldn't even have known anyone was there. :-)
    It's nothing major, just cake, games, playing with everyone. There's usually only family there, the past two years there were a couple of kids that she likes that she's met at my mom's while Mom was baby sitting them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• we celebrate as a family every year but we haven't done a party for our son since he was 8 or 9.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We just do stuff as a family but we never have parties.  The closest to a party we've had is asking my friend and her girls to come over to spend the day with us and have cake.  Usually we just go out to lunch, give a couple presents and have cake.  And the birthday kid doesn't have to do chores that day.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• something as a fam. yes but a huge party no.. Can't afford that every year... I tried to do everyother year but... well this year was when they were due and it didn't quite happen. Sometimes I just invite a few close friends and we just chill -- maybe order a pizza and let the kids play while the moms talk or this year it was hot so we took out the slip and slide and baked a cake and sang happy b-day... but a full party, every year, NO WAY
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:20 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well, my daughter is only 2, but we had a big party with friends and family for her 1st birthday and for her 2nd birthday, we had a big party but only with family.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 21, 2010