TV Time

How old are your kids and how much TV do you let them everyday?
My DD is 13 months and doesn't really watch TV even when it's on (unless Dora is on) ... although right now Sesame Street is on and she runs by the TV screaming MELMO!!!

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have 4 kids and my youngest is EXTREMELY active (13 months). My oldest kids I will make read for a while but sometimes TV is the only break I can get. I let them watch it as long as they get other things done and it's not something inappropriate for their age.
    momofour09

Answer by momofour09 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• He is 14y/o and since birth..as much as he wants as long as he isn't consumed and manages other activities and gets outside too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Melmo! That's cute. :-)
    My daughter isi 5 1/2 and as for actual sitting and watching, not much. She's always on the move and we just keep the tv turned on for noise. It's either put on a show or one of the country music digital music channels. As for actual watching, about two hours. One hour in the middle of the day for rest time. I let her lay in bed and watch two shows, total of an hour, to rest and chill for a while. Also at bed, she lays in bed and watches for about an hour before falling asleep.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Mine are 11 and 17 ... and rarely watch TV during the week. My 11 year old often has friends for sleepovers on Friday nights and they often watch DVDs.
    We always had a 1 hour a day rule unless it was a special or a movie that they really wanted to see.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• my son is 14 and he usually don't watch tv, he mainly plays video games on the tv which to him should be all day long. LOL
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010