To tell or not Tell? 30th Wedding Anniversary party?

Do you think if you're inviting people to a 30th Wedding Anniversary party that the female honoree has cancer and isn't well or looking like herself? To warn people and not shock them? Or do you think there should be no party or celebrating? Especially if there's no money for a party and it will have to all go on a credit card. So have it? Postpone it? What ideas do you have? Thank you for any kind replies and ideas. And where can you find special things for 30 years of Marriage? I only found 25, 40 & 50 decorations.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ask her if she is up to it? That way you have the most important person's perspctive right now and she is the most important right now. :)

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We just had our 30-Anniversary and we took a trip to visit the grand-kids.

Just have a nice dinner at the house with just the close friends and family. Something small but nice.

And no I have not seen 30-Anniversary decorations. But I think at the party story you can get balloons with #30on them and of course they have Happy Anniversary on them too.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Maybe a small celebration with close friends, unless the honoree is up for a bigger event. I like simple things like sharing old pics of the couple. It is an option to have a gathering where the guests bring a dish if money is really tight and the couple doesn't mind. I think it would ok to let people know that she has not been feeling well if it is not a problem for her. Just be honest and let people share in the celebration but don't feel like the honoree has to put a lot of labor into it if she needs her strength to get better.

My mother in law had cancer during her 40th and her children did a small family affair and had bbq catered (which is one of her favorites and is not that expensive). It turned out really nice and she appreciated celebrating with family.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 21, 2010