I'm thinking about going vegetarian again, anyone have success with it? If so, what helped you stick with it?

My family loves meat so it's hard to be the only one not eating it especially when I prepare the meals. I wouldn't go vegan because I still eat dairy products; eggs, cheese etc. but I wouldn't mind trying to cut meat out of my diet again.

momofour09

Asked by momofour09 at 10:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Health

• I was veg for a few years as a teen, and then started again last summer, been a year now without meat. It is not that hard to do really. There are veg groups here on CM.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thanks for that, I'll have to check it out. I never did it for longer than a year so I just need to make sure of what can be eaten for vitamins, iron etc. that I'd otherwise get from meat.
    momofour09

Comment by momofour09 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• seems that healthy food is extremely expensive. I've been eating a lot of dollar Tostinos pizzas and other cheap and high carb & sodium food.

So that expenses don't stir you from your veggie diet. Gardens seem like a good idea.

I really wish that I can grow a garden, but life's been too transitional lately because of economic instability.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I have been a vegetarian for 16 years - I have raised my 3 children vegetarian - there are so many great products available - Morning Star has great tasting fast options - to help you stick with it join PETA - eveytime I start to backslide - another e-mail arrives or I glance at the newest magazine and my ethics kicks in! I lost 5 pounds when I became a vegetarian - I have more energy - and I haven't had to worry about all the meat recalls :-) My kids are supper healthy and slim and I feel good knowing that I am not killing something to eat and I am contributing to the well - being of my planet. If you would like - I have some wonderful, easy (with 3 kids - I don't have no time for fancy and complicated) recipes and cookbook suggestions that I would be happy to share with you. I have also found the absolutely best vitamins on the market today - my energy level is great and I haven't been sick in over a year!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 22, 2010