Confused about this morning watching the "Today Show"

This morning I heard "Do you think that we will go back into recession?" As I scratch my thoughts, I didn't think that we were out of recession. Matter of fact, seems that we've declined into a new economic depression. What are these tv celebs thinking when they are saying that our economy is on good standing?

Also, another topic from the "Today Show". Please tell me what you think.

Pregnant? No mortgage for you, banks tell couples

seriously, what are these people on tv mean by "better economy"?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think they were saying that you should not try to go for a mortgage when you're on mat leave. Your financial situation has changed and they don't know for sure if you will return to work after the baby. Nothings guaranteed. I think it's wise that they don't lend to anyone that can't actually afford it at that given moment. That's how we got into all the trouble the banks got into...
    As for the recession, I don't know, I don't deal with any of that. We only buy what we can pay cash for, no credit cards, and can thankfully pay our mortgage on one income, and live very comfortably, and not beyond our means...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I didn't think we are out of it either. If they get people thinking we are then they will start spending their money and that's what the government wants. It's a mind trick that's all. The celebs saying that, we'll they have the money to spend. They can bribe anyone they want to. It's not right to turn down someone with a loan just because they are pregnant. You know what they will also turn down people for loans if you getting ssI and SSDI. They have the right to. Some companies will and some won't, but that's not against the law. It has happened before.
    Princess7777

Answer by Princess7777 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Lets be fair here and stop bashing"celebs". They are not the ones to blame. Start with what has been happening since 9/11. The Government spent billions on Wars. Since about 2003,The Mortgage companies and banks loaned money to losers and gave mortgages to people who could not afford mortgage payements which led to foreclosures. Then Wall Street created the collapse of stocks by selling "fake certificates" and NOW we have a recession. But, don't take the easy way out and blame "celebs". You just show that you are jealous of their money. Get with it....read and learn.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 21, 2010