Potty training

I introduced the potty a while ago and she has been sitting on it a lot. Well, yesterday was the first time she actually peed in it! YAY! But then we were running around the rest of the day, so that was the only chance she had. Today, I have already had her on the potty a number of times, but no pee....a tiny little poop pebble though! lol Anyway, how often should I keep putting her on the potty? It is obvious she really wants to try...she just hasn't had to go I guess. I've been doing every 20-30 minutes...but I don't want to burn her out, ya know?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The first day of training, I took mine every 30 minutes and had him "try". Once that became routine, I upped it to 45 minutes and repeated. He was trained in 4 days. So, I say keep it up.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:10 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would keep doing it like you are. And if you go to the bathroom take her with you and have her sit on her potty
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree, just keep taking her to it every 30 minutes or so to get the idea. I think it also helps to keep them naked on bottom or just in undies. It might be messier, but they are so much more aware of when they pee if you do that (at least in my experience). I'd also try to stay home for a couple of days almost completely so she doesn't get confused. Good luck! : ) I was surprised with how easy potty training my little man was. I'd had nightmares!
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:05 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Usually it takes about 20-30 minutes after they drink something to be ready to use the potty. And with poop, its kind of up in the air, a lot of kids are very regular, so maybe you can kind of track when she goes...?

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• aww, thats awesome! If you don't want to take her that often as you have been....maybe just take her when you have to go and have her sit on the potty while you do. Thats what I do with my daughter for now. Well, she insists on taking her diaper off and sitting on her potty when I go,lol.
    You can also ask often" Do you have to go to the potty?"....I do that too when its been awhile and if she does..she gets all happy then runs toward the bathroom,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:07 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well, I'm braving it out............I put her in training panties, because it's such a pain taking her diaper off and then putting it back on...I have a stack of panties here, so we're doing some hardcore training today!
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• thats what happened with us...my son got burned out. I slowed down and just take him to the bathroom upon waking, after drinks/meals (I saw a pattern of about 20 minutes after a meal/drink) before leaving the house, while away from the house if a bathroom is accessible, before and after nap, before bedtime and any random time throughout the day when I see signs or if he tells me.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yay! She just peed on the potty again! YAY!
    BridgetC140

Comment by BridgetC140 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010