what do i do?

I was playing baseball outside with my child like a month ago this guy was walking down the street and stopped and started telling her about how he went to baseball camp and giving her pointers he is prob. the same age as me if not a little yonger...well yesterday he saw us outside getting ready to leave and stopped and was talking to my 4 year old saying have you been practicing i told him we have not been playing and then he said well why don't I come over on my days off and help you (talking to my child) then he goes well i will come over saturday if thats good for you...what do i do I just broke up with my ex (my childs father) and its so funny b/c he would never play ball with her i would have to MAKE him then he would only do it for like 10 mins do i let him teach her and what do i do? ok i am not good with talking to guys I was with my ex since i was 15 and now am 25...any help would i would be thankful lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• i have ot say a word of caution. a grown man who is a stranger to a child of that age is suspect when taking such an interest. and if you only just broke up with your ex you should also be cautious of yourself. you need time to heal before contemplating meeting someone else
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:35 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think you have a date for Saturday? lol
    Keep your guard up though...that he's not just a freaky pedophile trying to get close to your kid. I know..thats an awful way to think but hey..you never can be too careful..lots of pervs out there.
    Chances are, his motives are just innocent and he's trying to impress you...the momma :)
    On Saturday, offer him lunch...something simple, not like you were tying to go out of your way or anything. Like have lunchmeats,cheese,lettuce,tomato for sandwhiches and maybe some chips and dip..and homemade lemonaide ;)
    Good Luck and have a good time! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:38 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes, please be careful...He could be genuine in wanting to help your child, trying to get some time with you or any other number of things(some not so great)...I would say no, and if he wants to get to know you then he will ask you out...I wouldn't involve my child right away...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• This brings up red flags for me. I think he may be more interested in your daughter than you. My advice, thank him for the offer but decline it. This is just a little creepy to me.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 27, 2010