Has anyone done a body cleanse or fasting?

Ok so I have a stomach issue that I need to fast for a few days. It is soooo hard. Yesterday I was soo hungry by 6 PM I ate a whole foot log sub from subway. I really need to not eat for at least 2-3 days and I need help! If any of you have please give me some tips! I'm going crazy! Espcailly having to make food for my LO. Thanks ladies!

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Health

• there is this fasting we use to do. That is from dawn to dusk no eatjng no drinking no sexual intercouse and it realy cleanse both mind body and soul.
    gardenfirst

Answer by gardenfirst at 11:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I fast monthly - to cleanse my system. When I do, I drink 3 - 8 ounce glasses of V8. The V8 (not the splash kind, the straight V8) is thicker so it fills your stomach, plus its good for you. I also take more multivitamins then usual. Good luck, the first 1-2 days is always hard with the hunger, but after the 2 days you just will kind of stop feeling so hungry. Plus afterwards, your stomach shrinks and it will take less to fill you up. When you feel that insane urge of hunger, chug a glass of water or V8. GL!
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 11:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thank you allfiller. It is super hard espacailly since I have a 2 year old I have to cook for lol. It is really for my health but i can stand to loose some weight lol. Anyway thank you!
    delilahsmom1177

Comment by delilahsmom1177 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Um, i've never done it. I can't and won't fast. My blood sugar won't allow me. A friend of mind did the stupid master cleanse. All she managed to do was strip her intestines of all the healthy bacteria and immunities, has taken her months to get back to somewhat normal. So be carefull
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Zak, thanks. This is not to loose wieght or anything, this is under the advice of my Dr so. But thank you for the concern!
    delilahsmom1177

Comment by delilahsmom1177 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Fasting - it is good for your body to give a rest from time to time.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:54 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• tasches, that's what my Dr said! Still trying! No solids yet!!!! Made my DD a cinimon raisen bagel with cheese and ham for lunch becaus I hate it lol
    delilahsmom1177

Comment by delilahsmom1177 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2010