Is there any other agency besides DHS or child services to contact to report abuse to my child by his biological father?

My 2 year old has to go to his biological father's every other weekend. He has consistantly come back home with bruises, open sores, scratches, open diaper sores/rashes, etc. I take him to the doctor to have it all documented and she has turned all of this in to DHS repeatedly. DHS has filed 2 reports as unconfirmed without doing a full investigation about it. This last instance, my son came home with bruising on his side that was obvious finger marks. DHS has not even spoken with the father or interviewed him and they ruled the case unfounded. On another instance, my son had marks around his neck and they did not do a full investigation and ruled it unfounded. I am scared for my son's safety and there's nothing I can do. DHS will not return my calls after numerous voice messages. Is there anyone else I can call or approach with this that will listen?!

Ponydriver

Asked by Ponydriver at 11:23 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• The police., and the caseworker who handled the case..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Omg, that is horrible. I'd call the police too. Maybe you should get a lawyer as well. I am so sorry you're going through this...that must be heart breaking.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• you need to get an emergency family court hearing to restirct vistitation to only supervised
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:29 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i am so sorry i would take him back to court call ur attorny and go back to court
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I agree...go to the police. And fight as you might to not allow your child to go over there anymore...even if it is in the court ordered visitations. DO you have pictures of everything? Sign a release of information from your sons pediatrician to the police.
    They should have done something already! Bruising around his neck? WHat the hell are they doing to that poor baby over there?
    Good Luck! I really hope someone helps you!
    Things like this happen too many times to our children and its over looked and overlooked time and time again...and then when its TOO LATE the authorities want to listen. Its all bullshit.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:32 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• STOP LETTING HIM GO OVER THERE TAKE HIM TO THE COURT HOUSE OR TTHE POLICE STATION GET A PROTECTION ORDER AND A LAWYER!!!! THEY WILL TAKE AWAY HIS VISITATION OR GET HIM SUPERVISED!!!
    I AM APPALLED THAT CPS DIDNT DO A THING !!!!
    GET COPYS OF THE BRUSING FROM YOUR DR AND ALL THE PICTURES YOU HAVE YOURSELF TAKE THEM TO A JUDGE AND SHOW THEM TO YOUR LAWYER TO PROVE THE CASE THEY CAN ALSO SIPENA*(spelling) THE CPS CASEWORKER TO TESTIFY TO WHAT YOU HAVE REPORTED..
    YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN HE COULD HIT OR KICK OR DO SOMETHING TERRIBLE ENOUGH TO(GOD FORBID) DO SERIOUS HARM OR KILL HIM. WHAT A P.O.S. WHAT COULD A 2 YEAR OLD POSSIBLE DO THAT IS BAD ENOUGH TO HIT. HE DOSERVES TO BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AN HAVE ABOUT 20 BIG MEN BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HIM...
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Go to the police. Speak to your caseworker's supervisor, call your state rep, congressman, governor's office, family court judge, friend of the court. Whoever you can get to listen to you. Do not send your baby back there.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010