Reflux baby help!

Hi guys, I'm new here. My daughter has a really tough time sleeping at night and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Nap Nanny. Right now we are using the Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper and my DD HATES it. We are desperate for sleep- I have heard that the Nap Nanny is a great product but I wanted to know if anyone had any personal experience with it and what they thought before I went out and bought one for myself! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter has severe reflux also and she sleeps in a nap nanny. They are excellent because they keep them elevated and they are pretty comfy. The cover comes off really easy and can be cleaned. Which is great because chances are they will still reflux all over it! :)
    One thing I would look into doing is seeing if your pediatrician can write you a prescription for a positional sleeper and your insurance company might reimburse you for the cost. They are usually $140 so that is pretty expensive!
    If you have any other questions about reflux feel free to PM me. We have been struggling with is for 5 months now and she just got a Nissen fundoplication a month ago that has changed our lives. So let me know if I can give you advice on anything else! :)
    dldelight

Answer by dldelight at 11:47 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• They never had things like that when my daughter was a baby, she just slept on her tummy.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• When my little guy was an infant my doctor suggest putting a folded up bath towel under the end of the bed. She said it will only lift it slightly, but can help. We ended up getting a little wedge that goes under the sheet. My son is 2 and he still uses it even w/o reflux problems.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• my sis has it and she LOVES it!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010