? about pre-qualification

can you get pre-qualified through different places? To compare results? Bank of America is taking forever so I'd like to try Wellsfargo.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 11:44 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would not take the chance on it since every "hit" on your credit hurts it and makes it go down. The only things you can do is either just wait or call them every other day and pester them.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You can get prequalified from as many places as you would loike. Just do not let them run your credit each time. I would also recommend looking into a mortgage broker since theywork with basically all of the banks you are going to individually look into: MSG me if you have any other questions.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• well it might be too late for that (for the broker)? I already started the process with BoA for the pre-qualification. Just waiting for them to do SO's part of it. I wasnt sure if I could go to multiple places....but yeah...the pre-qualification requires a credit check so I won't risk that lol. I just have to be more patient. I'm not very patient in general, but this is why I ask these questions...so I can learn to be patient!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• not sure,sorry
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 3:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• you can, but like another poster said... it hits your credit...
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:50 AM on Jul. 27, 2010