When did you finish packing your bags before delivery?

I am due in 3 weeks, I have all the stuff for baby ready, but not myself and dh... should I have this done by now? When were you finished packing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL I did it while in early labor right before leaving the house
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm due in December... I'm already done packing and it's in the closet. Once I hit 30 weeks it will go in the trunk... I've never had a child before 41.5 weeks, but just in the off chance case that something were to go wrong or that labor were to come early, I'm ready.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• A few minutes before I left the house for the hospital.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• i did it in labor. i needed my toothbrush and clothes at home too so i just grabbed them before we left. dh went back to the house for a couple things the next day after dd was born too.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I was going to do it a week or two before, but I also like to use the items I would need to pack. So if you want to buy extra items just for there, pack them have them ready great... If not I say just pack them when you're leaving or have a list made out for your DH/SO of what items to pick up for you if you are surprised with labor.

Good luck and congrats on the baby!
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I kept putting off packing with my first one and had to hurry up and pack a few things before running out the door and then relying on my husband to bring me want I forgot, not the best of ideas, lol. For my second, I packed a little over a month early since my doctor kept telling me I was going to have him atleast 3 weeks before my due date. I ended up having him on my due date, but it was so much easier being prepared already.
    Rachael420

Answer by Rachael420 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Right before I left for the hospital. Didn't see a reason to do it any sooner lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I packed about a month before my due date - I was 3 cm dilated and was put on full bed rest, but I was worried I would go into labor any time. I ended up having my DD on her due date.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I had my bags packed 6 weeks in advance. But then again I had the carseat installed for 2 months. I tend to do things REALLY early though, lol. That's just my nature.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 12:05 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I am 39 weeks and I just packed my bag last night because I was having contractions (but they were not real)
    Danielle55

Answer by Danielle55 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010