If you DID/DO use a toddler bed....

at what age did you stop, OR plan on stopping? My DD will be 4, and is still in her toddler bed. She only weighs 32 pounds, and fits it just fine(the bed actually goes up to 50 lbs). I was just curious as to how long others kept their kids in the toddler bed.

KairisMama

Asked by KairisMama at 11:49 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My girls used their toddler beds until they didn't fit any more and we could afford to buy different beds.  My oldest was 6 and the younger one was almost 4.  They are small for their ages, though.  My oldest was only 34lbs and 41" at the time (the size of a 4yo).  She still had room to grow in the toddler bed.  Now they have junior beds from IKEA which are longer but a little narrower than a toddler bed (not as big as a twin bed which is good because their room can't fit 2 twin beds).  they are 10 and almost 8 now.

My son never had a toddler bed and went right to a twin mattress on the floor (now he sleeps on a camp mat on the floor).  My 4yo went from her pack n play to a junior bed at 2.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• when i found a good deal on a twin size.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My DD is two and she will be in one until this winter (we're getting her a full sized bed for Christmas, she'll be 2.5).
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• It doesn't really answer your question but thought I'd say this. I'm 5'2, 138lbs and my dd's bed fits me fine, lol. I got it in once playing around and thought I could probably sleep comfortably in here. So if you got a pretty sturdy bed, you could probably go a long time. :)
    aluvk4evr

Answer by aluvk4evr at 11:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We actually just got rid of my son's toddler bed. He's three. He didn't outgrow it or anything, we just moved and someone gave us a twin bed so we started using it instead of the toddler bed.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My daughter is 20 months today and she is still in her crib. But when her sister is born in October we are going to slowly try and transition her to a toddler bed lol. In the mean time her sister will be in the bassinet.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I will probably be getting mine a twin bed next year when he turns 4. He's getting pretty tall and I don't think it will be long before he outgrows his bed. Plus, going to be trying for another baby next year and will be converting the bed back into a crib.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I only used mine for a year before i realized it was too small. she was 4 when i bought it, when she turned 5..i felt like i needed to get her a new bed. My DD is very tall though...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Oh, and I wanted to add, we didn't buy a separate toddler bed, her crib transitioned into a toddler and will again into a full.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• We just moved to a twin. She's 3 and 40 lbs. She went to the toddler bed at 18 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010