Do you always tip the delivery person?

Keep in mind that you were charge a delivery fee for them to deliver.

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 11:55 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Crazy for Credits

• Depends on how fast they arrive and how my food looks or if it is cold, etc.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Always. They often get little to nothing of that delivery charge. And even if they did...usually gas costs more than the delivery charge.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• If i have the money to tip (and they show up with hot food) I always tip. If I don't have extra money for tip than i generally don't order food.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I think with the economy so bad it is always nice to tip people. You dont know what is going on for them. They could have kids at home with needs or a struggling wife or a sick grandma. Your money could help them more than you know. What is just a couple dollars to you could feel like a lot to them. They are working people and deserve a little something.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Also...in any job where you can get tips, your pay is less. So they probably make most of thier money through tips.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yah..i always do.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I always tip them. I figure their job is not to make the food, it is just to bring it to me. So, if they do that, then yeah I tip them.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• ALWAYS. I worked at Pizza Hut for three years and my SO is a store manager for a Pizza Hut, and the money that you pay for a delievery charge does NOT all go to the driver. Right now they charge $2.50 delievery fee, and drivers only see $.60 of each one (at least here). Trust me, if you don't make tips, it is pointless to drive.

The rest of the money you are charged for delievery goes toward bags that keep your food warm, and other stuff like that.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well delivery fee is for gas, but tip should be for the service of the delivery...if you got it on time, is the delivery accurate ...I always have the habbit to give something...inspires the delivery boy for the next time. Good service is not a gift it is bought with $$$$. But then again that is my opinion.
    BoricuaMom2teen

Answer by BoricuaMom2teen at 11:59 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I do, but sometimes it's the lamest tip ever! I once tipped the delivery man in quarters because I had no cash and the pizza was free bc of a coupon. If they are prompt, polite, and I'm not charged a dang delivery fee, I can be pretty generous.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 12:01 PM on Jul. 21, 2010