Are you afraid of microwaves?

Okay, so this may be a lame fear... but I am SCARED of MICROWAVES!

When I put food in it I walk away and try not to think about it being in there. I'm always scaed it is going to explode or catch on fire (kind of same thing).

When the food pops it scares me.

Are you scared of microwaves?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:56 AM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No...lol. But gas grills scare me for the same reason microwaves scare you!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No, not scared of microwaves : P

I do have my weird fears/phobias. Mine is meat. I can't touch raw meat. I can't think about meat being in my mouth or my tongue gets swirmy and uncomfy. It's odd. See I'll eat really dry meat or ground over cooked hamburger. Even then I avoid it like no other. : ) You you're not alone on the weirdness level. : )

Here's a list of phobias their names and such. : )
    http://www.phobialist.com/reverse.html#M-
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:00 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Heh. No, not quite. I went through a phase where I was scared to completely close a door with my hand on the knob, though. I knew it was irrational, but I was afraid I'd somehow jam my hand in the door. I'd always swing the door shut instead of closing it normally. I guess we all have crazy fears. ; )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:58 AM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No the microwave is my friend it makes me like betty crocker. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No. Did you experience something bad using the microwave in the past?
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Mine used to be vacuums..I would cry when i saw one or heard it...I was 15 when i had my last freak out.. Me and the vacuum are best friends now.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• LOL, omg I just got a new microwave because the one I had started exploding inside everytime you turned it on, I'm normally not scared of microwaves, but that one scared the crap outta me lol, it made a really loud freaky noise too... But I am really scared of spiders, but I try not to kill them lol, if my bf aint home and there's a spider I catch it with a cup and throw it off the balcony as I'm screaming lol... they are freaky little things!
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 12:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yes. Angry microwaves are going to be the first line of attack in the Great Robot Wars. Don't trust them! The toasters are looking shifty, too.
    ;)

My irrational fears are mostly insect-based. Locust season, I live in absolute fear!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 12:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no, but with all I have been reading about the way the change our food I might need to be afraid
    Beth497

Answer by Beth497 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010