So I switched my daughter's crib to a daybed.

We just got back from vacation a few days ago and she slept in a big bed all by herself (she doesn't like sleeping with anyone), so when we got back, I figured she proved how much of a big girl she is and she earned the big girl bed. Well, she naps great and slept great over night, BUT woke up super early. She normally wakes up between 9-10 but today she got up at 630...so she's already napping. Did anyone else go through this? Do you think she will continue this pattern or maybe start sleeping normal again after the newness wears off?

It was cute to wake up to her in my room this morning...my big girl! BTW, she just turned 2.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 2 year old also. I didn't notice that switching to a daybed changed the time that my daughter wakes up but I understand what you are talking about. 75% of the time she sleeps until 9:30 or 10 but occasionally she will start getting up at 7 for no apparent reason. She eventually goes back to her old ways. I guess it's just something they do.
    Bears.Mommy

Answer by Bears.Mommy at 2:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• When we switched to big girl bed DD started getting up at 7:00 am. YAWN!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• At least you aren't chasing her around or listening to her scream at the door. This is what my son does sometimes. And yes, some days he is up crazy early too....there is no rythem to his patterns yet LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010