what do you do if you want another baby, but you have noone what so ever to watch your kids while you go to have the baby?

I want another baby so badly my girls are 5 and 2.5. I was induced with both my kids so I went to the hospital at 4am so my sister stayed the night to watch my then 2.5 year old. she had to go to work at 3:30 so a friend picked my daughter up at 3, but I had the baby at 3:38pm so she then came to the hospital where daddy took her from there. The thing is now she works and I have noone else that can watch her. I kind of want to see if I can go into labor on my own this time rather than being induced, but I have noone to watch my kids if I go into labor. So how can I have another baby at the hospital if I don't have anyone to watch my kids? Do I have DH stay with them and have this baby on my own? I really want him to be there though.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You have no one in your whole family or his whole family that your kids can stay with? No friends? No nieghbors? No people from church? If this is really the case then I would find a hired sitter or 24 hour child care centerwhere they can go a few times ahead of time and then be taken to on the big day and not be afraid. The father deserves to be there for the childs birth.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Most hospitals wont allow children to stay with the parents,germs,noise.They have limited hours.So when i had my DD my husband was going to stay home with my oldest while i had my baby.did he want to miss it? NO..but the hospital didnt gaive us much of a choice.THANK goodness my MIL and SIL came...So my husband was able to hold my hand while i had my C section :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• my dd will be 3 1/2 when i have this baby, and we plan on her being there in the hospital. we just dont have any other option.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No girlfriends, aunts, grandma, trustworthy neighbors???? Daddy can't keep them in the waiting room when it comes down to it? It's a one time thing so it's not like they will be there for days. He could have them with him until the actual birth, and then take them into the waiting room... Pay a trustworthy niece or nephew to care for them during the birth... Just a few ideas..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:11 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no friends or family around?? what if you hired someone, like a babysitter and had them spend some time with your kids periodically during your pregnancy and then had them watch the kids during the labor??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Midwife and have it at home.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:12 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I would either start looking for someone to hire or create another way for it to happen while your working on it I would start to now. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I'm in the same boat. We're having a homebirth and our older child will be present.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• You want another baby, sometimes we as mothers have to give more then we want..So we weight our options... You have the dad to watch your kids and that is how it should be. For him to be there i know that some hospitals in Chicago the kids are allowed because they have play area that are supervised by staff.I also suggest you talk to the dad of your kids he should have some answers from his side too A neice,nephew auntieof your kids on his side . I hope and wish you good luck .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:22 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Well, you have time to prepare and plan for this. Does your 5 yr old play with other kids in the neighborhood? Have you met other moms in your area that you live in? You really do need to have someone close by that you can call on a moments notice in case you have an emergency other then your dh. Next year when dd starts school you are going to have to list another contact beside dh for emergency purposes on regestration forms. Who would you put down/ Who do you talk to in the area you live in? I had no family either and I met other moms when my dd started school and they became my emergency back-up people if for any reason I needed help in the middle of the night. Good luck with this,,,its going to be ok
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010