how do u get past a misscarriage?

im 17 almost 18 and i really wanted my baby. and now that i dont i ccant help but think bad thoughts. My sister and brother just had there babies today a lil boy for my brother and a lil girl for my sister.. and im goin to be around them... how can i stop thinking bad thoughts and look forward to other things?

missin_that_1

Asked by missin_that_1 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Be sure to give yourself time to heal. If you need to avoid them for a while, that's fine. Remember - even though your baby was never born, she was still your baby and you had hopes, dreams, and plans for your life together. You need to give yourself time to grieve. Will you ever heal completely? I don't think so. My mother had a miscarriage over 40 years ago and still gets sad when she thinks of the child she lost. But she healed and has enjoyed her life - and so will you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had one in March..although now I am pregnant again, I still constantly think about the baby I lost and wonder all the same things about that baby as I do the one growing in me now. It gets easier but you never forget the pain and you will always hold on to the memory and the dreams and thoughts you had. But I also got past it because I know that it is natures way of telling us that something was wrong. If our babies had been born there is no telling what could have been wrong with them and its selfish of us to wish them into the world to save us pain. So I just try to look at it as nature (Gods if you r a believer,as I am) way of looking out for us and that baby. Its nothing you did to make that happen and thats something I had to get over first. Then you can start to heal. And like she said above if you have to avoid your family then they will understand. God Bless, I hope you find some peace with it.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 8:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• HayleyGM is right. If you miscarried then something wasn't right with the pregnancy. Scream, cry, write a journal, watch sad movies till you have no more tears. It is normal to grieve. You are only 18 and will have more opportunities, but give your body time to heal.
    RNMOMO4

Answer by RNMOMO4 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2008