Swimming Nude

Do you let your younger kids (4 AND UNDER) play in the kiddie pool nude? We live in the woods with no neighbors and I let my 3 girls swim nude (10 months, 2 years and 4 years) I dont see anything wrong with it... Do you let your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• In the situation you describe with no neighbors, sure I would. I don't think nudity is wrong or that there is anything shameful about the human body.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• no.. my dd is almost 20 months and i prefer she needs to wear a swimsuit
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 12:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• No.. At least have them wear underwear or something.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My kids have hopped in the kiddie pool naked, I do prefer they wear at least their underwear if not their trunks though. We live right in town and while we have privacy on three sides, we only have a short fence with the neighbors to the north. But I don't freak out about it and in your situation I don't see anything wrong with it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My son runs around the garden naked and answers the door naked. If he wants to be naked I let him.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My kids always wore their swimsuits just because I thought they were cute. My mom lets them swim nude in the lake she lives on, as she is in the middle of the woods with no neighbors close by. I don't have a problem with it.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:30 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I don't only because I dont want her peeing and pooping in the pool,lol(shes 17 months) My son..hes 10 so I think hes a little old for that..and a little shy about his boy parts..so he keeps them covered up.
    But if they were same age as your kids..sure I'd let them.No big deal. My daughter has run around the back yard butt naked..just not in the pool.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:31 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I would and do... Our back porch is not in general view of the street, and when we put the pool up there they swim naked, beyond that I do put them in a suit.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• This---In the situation you describe with no neighbors, sure I would. I don't think nudity is wrong or that there is anything shameful about the human body.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I don't, but I see nothing wrong with it in the situation you described.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010