Has anyone been to The Holy Land Experience in Orlando?

Did you enjoy it? Would you go again?

MsHouseWife

Asked by MsHouseWife at 12:37 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was there a couple of years ago. It was way to expensive if you ask me, but it was kind of neat. I more than likely would not visit again though. There are a few things kids would enjoy, but really its mostly for adults -- more specifically religious adults. My grandparents loved it....
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I live less than 5 minutes from there, but I've never been. From what I've heard it's mostly just tours, and shows. I refuse to pay money to go. They are supposed to offer one free day admission, to maintain their church exemption status (how on earth a theme park can get away with not paying taxes is beyond me) but they never advertise what day it is, because they don't actually want people to be able to go with out paying.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 1:33 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• My sister just returned from there a little over a week ago. It was her first time. She absolutely loved it, and is planning to go back before this summer ends. She has been telling everyone about it, and is trying to get more of us to go. I plan to go one day.
    OneBlessedWife

Answer by OneBlessedWife at 2:59 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I just looked that up. That seems crazy that it only takes 1 day for them not to have to pay taxes.
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Soccerchik how many years ago? Was it before TBN took over?
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I saw a bit of it in the documentary "Religilous" with Bill Maher. All I could think was that the guy playing Jesus was pretty hot!!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:02 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• is that the one with the people riding dinosaurs exhibit? Hilarious!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• No butterflyblue, that is Ken Ham's Creation Museum in Kentucky, or is it Kansas?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:18 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Butterflyblue it is a religious theme park/museum
    MsHouseWife

Comment by MsHouseWife (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010