I have arthitis and I'm in pain all day my neuro specialist precribed medication for me.

This medication helps me alot to deal with my daily pain and it allows me to be active in my childrens lives with less pain. But when i hear people talk about people who pop pills everyday. I feel bad taking my meds. bc i dont want to be looked at as a pill popper. I dont abuse it, I take them as precribed. Is someone considered a pill popper if their doctor precribed pills and they need them on a daily basis to function better in life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2010 in Health

• It's all about what you're able to handle healthily. I have fibromyalgia and a rare spinal column disease that has caused 6 intervertibral herniations. I do not take pain meds because I cannot function properly while on them.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• I take 13 pills a day and feel just fab. All of them are medicated...long story...the point is that those who make you feel bad are incorrect. At the end what you take are the good memories with your family and friends. If the meds make you feel good and they are from a profesional, take them and if you pay for them I don't know why you have to hear enoying comments. LIve your life and tell them to bug off, as they can't understand your pain. Hope you feel well and just follow you heart.
    BoricuaMom2teen

Answer by BoricuaMom2teen at 1:09 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thank You! They do make me feel better. I've tryed to go without to see how I feel and how much they really benefit me and I was very uncomfortably in pain. I do feel that I can do more with my family when I do take them. Thank you for your support and advice. I recently with to the doctors and they think I have ostoprosis so I might be on more. It just bugs me how people judge others without knowning whats going on. I dont even drink, maybe on in a blue moon, dont smoke, I take care of my kids to the fullest, so i guess ur right the hell with them. lol. Thank You again
    phoenixjuelz

Answer by phoenixjuelz at 1:14 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Do what you have to to do to make yourself feel better. No need to feel guilty. It's your body, not ours. If I am ever in pain where I would require constant medication, I would do what I could to have a good quality of life. What you take is between you and your doctor, not the people who are trying to make you feel bad.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• Thank You!
    phoenixjuelz

Answer by phoenixjuelz at 1:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2010

• most def not a pill popper...people who take other people's prescriptions and eat pills and can't function and enjoy that feeling/who are not in pain and taking pills...those are the abusers and addicts people refer to as pill poppers. You do what you need to do and don't worry about what other people think, those meds were prescribed to you for a reason and you are being responsible. In fact you take them in order to be able to do MORE as a person, it is like the opposite of wha a pill popper would do, the pills help you to be able TO function...best wishes to you I'm sorry you have such pain :( don't let anyone make you feel bad for dealing with your pain in a way that works for you.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 8:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2010